When you place an order or make a request for products and services from Mevaris London Limited (“Mevaris London” “we”, “us”) you are deemed to have unreservedly agreed to the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Please read them carefully.
- What these Terms cover. These Terms apply to all your purchases of products and services from Mevaris London, in-store at 26 Burlington Arcade, Mayfair, London W1J 0PU or through our website at mevaris.com.
- Why you should read them. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. These Terms form a legally binding contract between us and you. Your acceptance of the Terms is given when you purchase products from us or use our services. By continuing to access our website you are accepting and consenting to these Terms.
- Changes to these Terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time without notice to you and any changes will take effect on the day they are posted. You are expected to check these Terms regularly and to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on each sale of products or services. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be added to or superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website. Nothing said by any of the Mevaris London’s members of staff should be understood as a variation of these Terms. Any changes to these Terms shall only be effective if accepted in writing by us.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Mevaris London Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 12409730 and our registered office is at 26 Burlington Arcade, London, England, W1J 0PU. Our registered VAT number is
- How to contact us. We have tried to make these Terms easy to understand but we do understand that you may have questions about some sections when you read them. Our staff are here to help and will be more than happy to assist you with any query you may have. You can contact us through “Contact Us” section available in our website or by telephoning our customer service team at +447748130640 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
How we will accept your order. By placing an order you are offering to purchase products or services subject to these Terms. If you have placed an order from our website, you will receive a confirmation email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this means we are processing your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we send you:
- an email confirming that the products ordered have been dispatched; or
- in the event that you have selected the “Pick up/collection” option, when we sent you an email confirming that the products are ready to be collected from our store.
- Your personal details. You must be 18 years or over to enter into a contract with us and by placing an order with us, you confirm that you are 18 years or over. You must provide true, accurate, current and complete personal information when ordering and should not impersonate another person. You should not use any false name or any name that you are not authorised to use.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order. It is your responsibility to check the order confirmation and notify us immediately by telephone or email (our contact details are provided above) of any errors. We will use our reasonable efforts to promptly respond by telephone or email to any queries that you raise.
If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing or by phone and will not charge you for the product. If you have already paid for the product(s) we will refund you the full amount (including any delivery costs). This might be because:
- the product is out of stock,
- we are unable to obtain authorisation of your payment,
- we have identified an error in the price or description of the product
- there is reason to believe that you are involved in fraudulent or criminal activities of any kind.
- How we will accept your order. By placing an order you are offering to purchase products or services subject to these Terms. If you have placed an order from our website, you will receive a confirmation email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this means we are processing your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we send you:
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. Please note when purchasing products online, the shopping experience from buying in-store is very different. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The colour and composition of your product may vary slightly from those images. There may also be minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
Prices and Payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- Mispricing. We will normally check our prices regularly as part of our advertising and dispatch procedures. Despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. If the price of a product has changed or there has been a pricing error, we will contact you upon receipt of your order to inform you and seek your approval to either proceed or withdraw. Should you wish to proceed we will send you another order confirmation with the correct price. If you do not wish to proceed with the correct price, we will refund you any sums you have paid.
- Changes. Any prices shown in our website or a printed material (except for errors/emissions) are correct at time of advertisement but are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Discount codes. We may offer promotional discount codes from time to time which you can use for your order. These codes may only be used on full-price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. We retain the right to withdraw or cancel a discount or promotion at any time.
- Payment methods. You must pay for products before we dispatch them. Payment can be made by either credit/debit cards. We accept all major credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa) and debit cards. Any credit or debit card information will always be encrypted on transfer.
- Bank charges. We are not responsible for any charges or other amounts which may be applied by your card issuer or bank as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order.
- Reservation of title. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
Providing the products
- You can select your preferred delivery method from those offered for your selected delivery address. Products will be sent to the delivery address provided at time of order and it is your responsibility to ensure this is correct.
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know. We shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the products due to an event outside our control or the delay is caused by your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the products.
- If you are not at the delivery address when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from if, or us as arranged after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for any further delivery costs.
- Collection by you. If you have selected collection/pick-up as the delivery option, we will inform you when the products are ready to be collected. The products should be collected from our store at 26 Burlington Arcade, Mayfair, London W1J 0PU. Collection/pick-up is possible at any time during our working hours of 10am - 6pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays) and Saturdays. When collecting your order you are required to bring along a photographic ID and the order confirmation to collect your product.
- When you become responsible for the product. A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or at the date and time you collect it from us. With receipt of the product all risk of damage to, or loss of, the product shall pass to you.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you. We will contact you to ask for this information if not provided by you at the order stage. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Order cancellations, return and refund
- If you wish to cancel your order, please contact our customer service team immediately at +447748130640 or at email@example.com. We can cancel your order at any time before the order is dispatched. If your order has already been dispatched, we will be unable to redirect it and you will have to wait until you receive the order and then follow the normal returns procedures as explained in detail below.
- How long do consumers have to change their minds? As consumer, you have a right to change your mind. The products purchased from us may be returned within 28 days from the receipt, delivery or collection of the product you ordered. If you purchased products in-store, the deadline is 28 days from the date you purchased the product. You must return the products prior to the end of the 28 days deadline.
When you do not have a right to change your mind. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any cancellation, exchange, return or refund requests in relation to the following products (Except in relation to faulty, defective or incorrectly supplied products):
- bespoke orders or personal orders, (this includes any order that include any personalisation e.g. engraving, alteration, customization e.g. custom ring sizes, custom lettering, custom design elements, custom necklace lengths etc.).
Therefore, if you have any questions please contact our customer service team at +447748130640 or at firstname.lastname@example.org before completing your order for any of the products listed in this clause as all sales are final for these products. (Subject to clause 7.6)
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. The return labels will be included in the package. However, if you do not have the return label or have questions in relation to the return process, please call our customer services on +447748130640 or email us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind, you must send off the goods within 28 days of receipt of the products.
- Return/Exchange conditions. We will only accept return, exchange or refund requests if the products are unused and in perfect condition with their undamaged original packaging, tags still attached (if any) and with the original receipt. We reserve the right to refuse return of any product that does not meet these requirements, which will be reviewed by us. Prior to cancellation, you shall retain possession of the products and take reasonable care of them.
- Returning faulty products. We offer repair or replacement free of charge any products which are faulty or defective. We shall inspect all products returned as faulty and any item displaying damage deemed to be a result of wear and tear shall not be accepted as faulty. By purchasing products from us, you are expected to follow our instructions provided to you as part of our care advices, which is stated in clause 8 below as part of the Warranty section.
- If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at +447748130640 or write to us firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
- How we will refund you. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs (if any), by the method you used for payment.
- When your refund will be made. Your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you. We will not assume responsibility for reimbursement or compensation in the event that return packages are lost, stolen, or mishandled.
- This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
We warrant that on delivery and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery or pick-up/collection the products shall:
- conform with their description;
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship (provided they are subject to private and normal use);
Subject to clause 8.3, if:
- you give us notice in writing during the warranty period within a reasonable time of discovery that the products do not comply with the warranty set out in Clause 8.1;
- we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such products; and
- you return such products to us;
- We warrant that on delivery and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery or pick-up/collection the products shall:
we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective/faulty products, or refund the price of such products in full.
We shall not be liable for the products’ failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 8.1 if:
- you make any further use of such products after giving notice in accordance with clause 8.2;
- the defect arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions including our care advices (negligence after purchase);
- the defect arises as a result of us following any drawing, design or specification, supplied by you;
- the defect arises as a result of alteration, accident, modification, attempted repair, ordinary wear and tear.
- This clause shall also apply to any repaired or replacement products supplied by us.
How we may use your personal information
- Mevaris London is the owner of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it including but not limited to the designs of the products, logos, colour, text, images, graphics and any video/audio. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Mevaris London grants you limited access for your personal use of this website. You are not permitted to publish, copy, modify, distribute, manipulate or otherwise reproduce, in any format, otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this website.
- You are not allowed to use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes.
- Any unauthorized use of our designs, patents, trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, graphics, graphic styles, blog posts, copyrighted materials or any branded features without our prior written consent is strictly prohibited. If you infringe any of Mevaris London’s rights with respect to our products, services and this website, you may be liable for any/all damages (including reasonable expenses) which may be suffered and/or incurred as a result of your infringement.
Limitation of liability
- The restrictions on liability in this clause apply to every liability arising under or in connection with the contract including liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise.
- We do not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website or printed materials and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed products and services at any time and without notice.
- We have taken measure to prevent e-commerce fraud to ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
- Subject to clause 11.7, Mevaris London’s total liability to you shall not exceed the sums paid by you in respect of the products and services actually supplied by Mevaris London.
Subject to clause 11.7, the following types of loss are wholly excluded:
- loss of profits;
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of agreements or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation; and
- indirect or consequential loss.
- To the extent that the products are to be manufactured in accordance with a specification and/or design supplied by you, you shall indemnify Mevaris London against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Mevaris London in connection with any claim made against Mevaris London for actual or alleged infringement of a third party's intellectual property rights arising out of or in connection with the Mevaris London's use of the specification and/or design.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees or agents; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We will not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
A force majeure event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of any means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
- pandemic or epidemic.
Other important terms
- Entire agreement. This contract constitutes the entire agreement between us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms, the contract does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the contract. You may not assign, transfer, charge, subcontract, delegate or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under this contract without our prior written consent.
- Severance. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Terms and contract. If any provision of the contract is deemed deleted under this clause 13.3, we shall negotiate in good faith to agree a replacement provision that, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the intended commercial result of the original provision.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract. These terms and your use of this website are governed by English law.
- You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the contract or its subject matter or formation.
- Statutory rights. Please note that nothing contained in these Terms in any way affects your statutory rights.